Agency: Cahuilla Band of Indians
Department: Tribal Administration
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a range of administrative support duties for all offices of the Cahuilla Band of Indians Tribal Administration. The Cahuilla Tribal Administration is an Indian owned and operated non-profit organization.
Supervisor: The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Tribal Administrator.
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Salary: $15.00 to $25.00/hour @ 40 hrs/wk (commensurate upon experience)
Location: Cahuilla Indian Reservation, Anza, CA 92539
Applicants should submit an application OR resume (include job history, education, work experience, and three references with phone and e-mail contact, as well as a cover letter) to:
Cahuilla Band of Indians
52701 Hwy 371
Anza, CA 92539
Note: Incomplete applications/resumes will not be considered.
I. Duties and Responsibilities:
The Cahuilla Administrative Assistant will perform the following administrative and task-oriented duties, which include and are not limited to the following:
- Support the Tribal Administrator and Tribal Council on request to meet the goals and objectives set by the Tribal Council.
- Serve as official Notary Public.
- Prepare contracts, RFPs, Action Items, reports, memos, officials notices and communications
- Maintain tracking systems for various projects. Monitor budgets through Excel spreadsheets.
- Maintain records management system. File and retrieve documents including ordinances, resolutions, contracts, miscellaneous records, and reports.
- Receive and review incoming items regarding tribal business to determine their significance, plan their distribution and respond as appropriate.
- Screen telephone call, inquiries, request for documents and information
- Travel to conferences and training.
- Prepare documents for Tribal Council, Committee, and General Membership meetings.
- As needed, assist the Tribal Accountant with various job duties, including but not limited to bank reconciliations, preparing purchase orders, etc.
- Prepare travel arrangements and expense reports
- Prepare all General Membership mail outs as needed
- Assist Committees as approved by Tribal Administrator
- Retrieve bids/quotes as requested for various projects
- Assist with creating forms and polices
- Satisfactorily complete probationary period
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent education (GED) from an accredited institute and 2 + years of hands on administrative support experience Prefer an Associate of the Arts (A.A) degree in business, accounting, office operations or related fields. . Must be familiar with business office concepts, computer software, accounting techniques, and professional administrative skills.
- Valid CA Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance
- Pass a mandatory drug test
- Pass a mandatory background check and agree to maintain a drug-free workplace as a condition of employment with the Cahuilla Band of Indians.
- Experience with federal grants is preferred
- Indian preference will apply.
III. Knowledge, Skills, Certifications and Abilities:
- Possess documented working knowledge of tribal ordinances and federal laws concerning Tribal Government
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with Tribal officials, employees and the general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally, writing to all levels of management, tribal government entities and the general public.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, including demonstrated ability to select, train, develop, mentor, and motive staff.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and able to use standard office software, (i.e., MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Power Point, and various other computer programs).
- Must be able to perform duties independently, establishing office efficiency and set priorities in order to meet deadlines.
IV. Other Requirements:
All employees are expected to follow the Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures of the Cahuilla Band of Indians and must adhere to any additional applicable addendums.
The Administrative Assistant must keep all tribal business and individual tribal members’ information in the highest of confidentiality. Each employee must sign a confidentiality agreement.
Upon satisfactorily completion of employee’s probationary period, employee will be eligible to participate in benefit programs offered by employer. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage. In addition to all federally and tribally recognized holidays, employee will accrue PTO, which varies according to length of employment.
Submit Resume, References, Degree Certificate, and Employment Application to:
Cahuilla Band of Indians, 52701 Hwy 371, Anza, CA 92539
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.